Laboratory & Diagnostic Services
Community Animal Hospital offers in-house laboratory testing and diagnostics. Performing these services here in our hospital allows us to quickly and accurately assess your pet’s treatment needs. Our hospital is equipped with the best digital equipment available which includes digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, and ultrasound. This technology is used in treatment plans for dental care, surgery, internal medicine, and emergencies. Our in-house ultrasounds and echocardiograms are performed by traveling specialists.
Some of the additional pet diagnostics services available in-house include:
- Cytology- for cellular assessment of lumps, ears, skin
- Fecal exams- to look for intestinal parasites
- Blood work- to assess organ function and to identify diseases
- Urinalysis- to detect problems such as urinary-tract infections and kidney disease
- Blood Pressure- part of the circulatory system assessment
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)- records any abnormalities with the electrical activity of the heart
- Digital x-ray- captures images of bones, organs, joints, and soft tissue.
- Digital dental x-ray- gains an overall picture of oral health especially below the gum line which represents 2/3 of the tooth
- Ultrasound- can provided a more detailed assessment of organs and their surroundings
- Echocardiogram– an ultrasound of the heart
We also work closely with several reference laboratories for specialized testing. Our send out diagnostics include:
- Biopsy- for tissue identification
- Blood work- blood can be sent out to gain a more specialized assessment of certain body functions
- Urinalysis- urine can also be sent out to gain a more detailed picture of the urinary system
- Endocrine studies- tests for Cushing’s disease, Addison’s disease, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, and diabetes
- Stone analysis- examines what a bladder stone is composed of
- Allergy testing- to identify sensitivities to allergens
We also use telemedicine as a means of working with other doctors and specialists in our area to seek second opinions and consultations. Community Animal Hospital is dedicated to excellent healthcare, and it is a part of our commitment to get you the answers you need regarding your pet’s condition.